Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Almost 7 months.

I literally cannot tell you where all the time has gone.  Little Bear is the light of our lives and she is growing, I know it is the normal pace but we feel like it has gone by so quickly! She had her 6 month check up on the 4th of January. She will be 7 months in 4 days.

Stats:
16lbs (55%)
25.5in (33%)

The Doc said she looks great, has a wonderful complexion and she also said..."Don't let anyone tell you she is too small or not getting enough food. You are doing great, she is perfect, just a petite."  That made me feel really good. (if you want to know something funny, my nephew, little "C" is only 2 months old and is the same length!)

She also said to start giving her some food. I made her some veggie purees and she could eat them all day if I let her.  

I do have to admit that I cried at the doctor's office today because she said she could be eating up to 3 meals a day by the time she is 9 months. I am sad that I am not her only "meal" anymore. I guess I didn't realize how attached to breastfeeding I am.  It is such a great feeling knowing that I fed her for the last 6 months and all the growing she has been doing has been because of what my body produced for her. It makes my heart smile.




 I know we are completely biased but we think she is the cutest girl that ever lived :)

2 comments:

CANDACE said...

Love the photos! happy 7 months! Corgan eats 3 meals/day & still nurses at least 5-6 times/day, so no worries! I don't plan on weaning him completely for a long time & he'll be 1 at the end of march. & C is enormous! Can't wait to finally meet him in a few weeks. He is such the perfect blend of A&T!

Tricia said...

She is such a doll! I am sure she is very loved by her grandmas and grandpas too! Way to go with nursing... I remember having those same feelings. She will still want her mamma even with eating foods. Enjoy it because it goes way too fast as you already know. Love and miss you! Keep up the gr8 work mamma!!!