On our little trip to Vulture Mine, it was an all day affair, I had to feed Bristol a few times. I used to think how inconvenient breastfeeding was. Now it's no big deal. In fact I have come to love it.
Since this trip was over Thanksgiving weekend, here is a list of things that I am thankful for regarding the matter:
It is free!
It is not messy.
The milk doesn't go bad
I can do it anywhere
I get to cuddle my baby while feeding her
Bristol grabs my shirt when she eats (so cute!)
I am glad that I make enough milk for my baby and she has NEVER had one drop of formula. (I feel very blessed because I have a few friends that can't produce enough milk or any at all)
Things I have learned since I started breastfeeding:
it makes some people uncomfortable
sometimes babies eat really loud and make funny noises...usually when it is quiet and there are lots of people around.
public restrooms are not "pump" friendly
pumping sucks
if I don't drink enough water I might not make enough milk and will be REALLY thirsty
I am always thirsty
I love it.
Look how her toes are curled up...I think she is enjoying herself ;)



1 comment:
awww, that is so sweet! I hope it works out for me next time. pumping for 14mo's isn't ideal but it worked for kylee. i didn't go anywhere though so yeah, pumping on the go would have been tough. you'll have to tell me why you thought nursing was inconvenient in the beginning? I'm thinking b/c it takes FOREVER, it hurts and ya always wonder if they are getting enough?
Post a Comment