Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Rescued.

 It seems I failed to tell you all about this last month.  It all started on a sunny day, I was on my way to Mesa and Bristol Bear was really mad, I figured I had better feed her so she could calm down. I pulled off the side of the road at Ellsworth and Elliot. As you may know, there is NOTHING around this intersection.  I thought it was a safe place to be pull over and not be bothered by anyone.  I turned the AC on high and pushed the "unlock" button, or so I thought and closed my door.  When I went to open the back door, it was locked. I thought "this is odd" so I tried to open the front door again. No luck. So at this point, the baby, my phone and the keys were locked in the car. Awesome.  I started waving my arms like a crazy person to try and get someone to stop...MANY people passed by and I started to get teary. Bristol was somehow happy at this point, chewing on a toy (thank goodness).  Finally these nice ladies stopped and let me use their phone, they said they saw the whole thing happen and did a U-turn as fast as they could.  Did I mention that the key that I locked in the car is the ONLY key? Yep. So I called the Fire Dept. and they came out, and yes they had to stop traffic to turn the big fire truck around on Ellsworth. It was a bit embarrassing but at least they were coming to save my baby!
 Bristol started to cry as the firemen worked on getting the door open.  Lucky for us one of the ladies had their camera and let me use it.  I am so glad that the FD was able to get the doors unlocked and that everything turned out fine. 






She even got a nice hat to remember the event.  Also, I was slightly bummed that she was just in a onesie...I wish she would have been dolled up, but that is beside the point.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

This happens to the best of us! At least you turned the A/C up high! I'm glad someone stopped to help you!

CANDACE said...

I love so much that you thought to borrow a camera for documentation. The photo with the fireman is the best! Glad everything was okay!

Wendy Hansen said...

Wow, that is quite an event. By the way, if you are ever at Ellsworth and Elliot again, my house in only a mile or two away, you are always welcome to come here and feed/change/let me hold your baby.

The McLemore's said...

oh my gosh I would have died! Were you sobbing hysterically by the time they got there???? I am so paranoid every time I get out of the car, I end up rolling the window down just enough to fit my arm in, in case I was to lock the keys in...... Glad you and Bristol are okay!!

Unknown said...

You are so funny!!! Now we have to get Lisette to lock Zander in and we're all in the same club!